Friday, May 21, 2010
This activity was a Neevah and Mummy team effort but older kids could probably do most of this on their own. Neevah had lots of fun with her Spider Hat she giggled and giggled as she hid amongst the plants in our garden. I can also imagine this as part of a Halloween costume I would dress the child as a spider web by attaching string onto their clothes in a web like fashion and then top it off with the spider hat ..... so cute in a scary way.
You will Need
Thin Black Card
1. Cut a strip of black cardboard long enough to go around your childs head and then staple the ends together to form a band
2. Cut 8 strips of black paper for spider legs
3. Glue the Wiggly Eyes onto the band - Neevah did this step4. Staple the spider legs to the top of the band
5. Bend the spider legs at the band so the point out from the the head and then bend the very ends to form spider feet - Neevah helped me with this step
6. Take you spider hat outside and have fun!