Tuesday, March 1, 2011
I love this idea! it is so simple, it easily keeps the kids occupied and Neevah was so proud of her necklace. I must admit I stole this idea from the Kindy that Neevah attends it was so cute to see all the kids wearing their necklaces at pickup time and showing them off to Mum & Dad.
You will need
Scrap Paper/Cupcake Cases/Paper Doilies etc
1. Cut up your scrap paper into pieces suitable for threading - cupcake cases & paper doilies are a fun addition as well
2. Punch holes in each piece of scrap paper - make sure you let your child help Neevah loved this step!
3. On the end of the ribbon tie one piece of scrap paper or light card - this stops the threaded items falling off the other end of the ribbon as they are threading and is a great place to write the childs name if you are doing this as a group
4. Let them thread as many items as the like onto the ribbon
5. Tie the ribbon ends together to make a necklace
6. Time to wear the necklace or give it to a friend