Hot Cross Buns, Chocolate and Chickens are just some of the fun aspects of Easter so why not combine them together and make this fun Easter snack
You will need
Hot Cross Buns
Flake Chocolate Bar
Small Chocolate Eggs
1. Break up the flake chocolate into chunky pieces
2. Cut the hot cross bun in half - we used the top half to make our nests but I am sure the bottom half will work just as well
3. Hollow out a small part in the center of the hot cross bun
4. Butter around the edge (this will help the flake 'stick' to the bun)
5. Place the pieces of flake onto the hot cross bun to form a nest
6. Place the eggs into the nest
7. Place the chicken into the nest
8. Time to eat!
A huge thank you to Bakers Delight for supplying the hot cross buns for this fun snack. We used their Choc Chip Hot Cross Buns but their Traditional ones are just as yummy and would be great for these nests.
Giveaway Now Closed
Bakers Delight has also given me 5 x $5 vouchers to giveaway to some very Lucky Australian Readers! (only 1 voucher per reader)
Leave us comment on this post telling us How you like to eat your Hot Cross Buns! I like mine warm with lots of butter yum yum
Entries must be in before Midnight on Saturday 16th of April 2011
Winners will chosen at random (random.org) and will be announced on Sunday 17th of April 2011.
If you are new to our blog please take the time to 'like' us on facebook House of Baby Piranha