Wednesday, June 13, 2012
This is another fantastic Pinterest find from Juggling with Kids. This idea is so simple we have used it before as a Maths Game but it never crossed my mind to adapt it for sight words!
You will need
A large piece of cardboard - cutting open a cereal box may work well
A marker pen
1. Rule up parking spaces on your cardboard
2. Write one sight word per packing space. Since our car park is quite large we used a mix of words she knows and new words.
3. Line up the cars and you are ready to play
We played in two different ways
- First I called out the sight word and Neevah parked the car in the appropriate space
- The 2nd time she picked the space and told me the word before parking the car