Tuesday, December 18, 2012
My kids like to make gift tags for grandparents, friends and other gifts they give at Christmas. Handmade gift tags are a nice personal touch and they can also double as tree ornaments in the years to come if the recipient wants to.
You will need
Thin Card - something plain on both sides works best
Paint - 2 or 3 colours
Ribbon or Cord
1. Draw the ornament shapes on the thin card and then cut them out. If you need a template try google for 'Christmas ornament template'
2. Cut pieces or bubble wrap I found on piece per paint colour worked well
3. Paint the bubble wrap but not to thick as the print isn't quite as good
4. Press the painted bubble wrap onto the ornament and then carefully peel off. Keep going until your child is happy with the look
5. Let Dry
6. Punch a hole in the top of the ornament
7. Tie a ribbon through the hole and attach to your gift