This is an idea has been floating around in my head for a very long time and it was inspired by our Jack and Jill nursery rhyme activity from June 2010. Liam took a little bit of convincing that it was okay to put the cars in the paint but once we got started both the kids had a lot of fun!
You will need:
A Slide ( a ramp might also work)
A roll of paper
Paper plates or similar
A Box, Bucket or something to stop the cars at the bottom of the slide
1. Cover your slide in paper - we used a roll of wrapping paper as the backside was white
2. Squeeze paint onto the plates
3. Place a box or something similar at the end of the slide to stop the cars - this makes it easy for the children to use the same cars over again but it also stops paint going everywhere
4. Dip your car wheels into the paint
5. Hold the car at the top of the slide and then let it go
let them keep going for as long as they want
you could try two or more cars at once
Don't forget the clean up can be just as much fun as the activity. Neevah and Liam loved washing the cars and slide after they had finished painting.