Crafting with kids doesn't have to be expensive, you will need a few basic supplies but you don't need to go overboard. Here are 16 items from your kitchen that kids can create with ......
1. Potato Masher - great for making prints
|Potato Masher Art|
|Threading with Cupcake Cases|
5. Meat Trays - can be used as the base of a pipe cleaner sculpture
|Pipe Cleaner Sculpture|
6. Forks - make a great spiky needle like print that is perfect for Christmas crafts
|Fork Print Christmas Tree|
7. Rubber Gloves - cut off the fingers and use them to make finger puppets
|Butterfly Finger Puppet|
9. Cookie Cutters - another great item for making prints, use with paint or glue and glitter
|Glittery Gift Tags|
10. Egg Cartons - cut them up, paint them, glue on extra 'bits' so many creatures can be made from egg cartons.
11. Cling Wrap - makes a great effect with paint
12. Sponges - cut them up and use with paint or glue them onto creations for a 3D effect
|Doing the Dino Stomp|
13. Lids - collect them in all shapes and sizes they are great for making circle prints or gluing onto creations for eyes and wheels for example.
|Christmas Gift Bags|
14. Stainless Steel Scourer - they make and interesting print when used with paint that could pass for planets or fireworks.
|New Year Fireworks|
15. Colander - poking pipe cleaners into a colander is a fine motor skill work out for little fingers as well as a fun creation.
16. Coffee Can - a simple twist on marble painting
|Coffee Can Marble Painting|